Updated: Aug 31, 2020
In this age, when there are new startups coming up in India it is imperative to know some important federations, chambers and associations which are useful for the new entrepreneurs to experience growth and also the existing entrepreneurs to make gains in the business. Following are some of the different federations which are useful for entrepreneurs in the corresponding sectors:
Association Chambers of Commerce & Industry of India (ASSOCHAM) :
It is useful for gaining knowledge in Indian industries. It educates about information technology.
Gives an insight on the growth and development of business.
Organizes industry forums wherein, industry knowledge can be gained.
2. Confederation of Indian Industry(CII):
Acts as a bridge between government and industry and maintains a healthy environment for the industry.
3. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI):
It is a non-government and non-profit organization which represents Indian business and industry.
4. Federation of Indian Export Organisation(FIEO):
Provides export related information.
5. SME Chamber of India:
Works for the progress of Small and Medium Enterprises(SMEs) whether they are manufacturing, services, or allied industries.
They are present in almost all the areas.
6. Confederation of All India Traders (CAIT):
Works for small businesses and traders.
7. All India Association of Industries:
Assists MSMEs and helps them in networking.
8. Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM):
As the name suggests, it is a body that helps entrepreneurs belonging to automobile sector.
9. Cement Manufacturers Association (CMA):
Assists cement manufacturers
10. Indian Bank Association (IBA):
Assists the problems of bankers
11. Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA):
Takes care of the insurance sector
12. Association of Mutual Fund of India(AMFI):
Explains the rules and regulations associated with mutual funds.
13. Cellular Operators Association of India(COAI):
Represents mobile companies and assists in talking about the tariffs, and regulations.
14. Federation of Hotel and Restaurant Association of India (FHRAI):
Acts as an interface between the hospitality industry, and its stakeholders, political leadership, and international association.
15. Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI):
Statutory body set up by the Government of India.
It is the regulator of the telecommunications sector in India.
16. Builders Association of India:
Provides business opportunity in the emerging Indian Infrastructure and Real Estate Sector by mentioning about constructions and real estate related opportunities.
17. Indian Drug Manufacturers Association:
It is for pharmaceutical companies.
18. Indian Chemical Manufacturers Association:
The apex national body which represent all sectors of the chemical industry in India.
19. Indian Sugar Mills Association:
The association is the oldest industrial association in India established in 1932.
It runs for the benefit of sugar manufacturers.
20. Retailers Association of India:
Apex body for Indian Retail industry.
Represents offline retailers and online retailers in India
Apart from the above 20 associations, there are more bodies which help in assisting and controlling various business related problems in their sector.